Urumqi,turpan Hami And Dunhuang Adventure
Duration: 7 days
The cities of Xinjiang are filled with mystery and excitement. Combine this with the Heavenly Lake in Urumqi, Karez Well, Hami Islamic King Tombs and Mogao Grottoes for the trip of a lifetime.
Day by Day Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Urumqi, Flight.
Today's Activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Urumqi),
Place & Transport: Urumqi
Today's Activities: Heavenly Lake, Erdaoqiao Market, , Boat for Cruise on the Heavenly Lake
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jiamu Restaurant
- Heavenly Lake (1 hour): The Heavenly Lake is a very beautiful mountain lake formed more than million years ago in the 4th glacial epoch, so the water in it is pure and icy. The altitude of the lake is up to 2150 meters above the sea level and got its fame as the "jewel in the crown". To the east of the lake stands the Bogda Peak-the highest peak in the east part of Tian Shan Mountain, which is capped by glacier and snow glistening in the sun, finely contrasted with blue lake water, forming fabulous scenery,steep forested hills and high meadows with snow peaks behind.
A 3-hour drive from Urumqi along a good road passes a giant windfarm, wide rivers and pastures and up into the mountains. Tented camps line the river valley before a chair lift takes you up to the lake, which is also a favourite hiking and camping area. There you can walk or take electric carts, and a short boat ride (average 80m deep, 180m at its deepest point). Wear comfortable shoes and take sunburn cream and a light jacket.
- Erdaoqiao Market (1 hour): The Erdaoqiao Bazaar is the largest in Urumqi. You'll find a bustling market filled with fruit, clothing, crafts, knives, carpets and almost anything that you can imagine. On Sunday, there are more stalls and more goods to buy than any other day. The old streets around the bazaar are really worth seeing.
- Boat for Cruise on the Heavenly Lake,: It is a different way to visit Heavenly Lake by boat.
- Jiamu Restaurant : Jiamu is a nationalistic style restaurant, mainly providing Uygur cuisine but no wine allowed while dining. The restroom is in good decoration and there is a short time for live performance during lunch time. Due to some problem for communication as the working staff are Uygur and the higher expense there is few chances to cater to groupsĄŁ
Place & Transport: Urumqi to Turpan
Today's Activities: Tuyoq Village and Tuyugou Canyon, Karez Well, Suleiman Minaret
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Tuyoq Village and Tuyugou Canyon (1.5 hours): The Tuyugou Great Canyon is 46 kilometers away from Shanshan county in the east, 47 kilometers from Turpan city in the west and 13 kilometers from the Gaochang Ancient City in the southwest.Among the canyons in the Flame Mountain which extends nearly one hundred kilometers, the Tuyugou Great Canyon is the canyon with the longest culture and the most mighty and majestic natural landscapes.